Arnau

Spotting the scorpionfish - Tamariu, Spain

Diver spots with his torch a red scorpionfish (Scorpaena scrofa) at the entrance of its small cave during a deep dive in Tamariu, Spain.

Nikon D90, AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED inside an Ikelite housing and dual DS51 strobes. Camera settings: ISO 200, f/16, 1/25s.

Argemi-20200922-4270-Edit.thumb.jpg.aaad537f758d149f049efeb91b40d4f7.jpg

What do you think of this photo?

Follow me on Instagram: @nau_uwphotography

Visit my website!

Hi Arnau,

Good light, but ....

Model position is not the best, even he is touching the wall indicating bad buoyancy,  and for i.e. judge contest point of view, this photo even would be penalized...

My opinion....

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I really appreciate it.

I agree on the model. Super pic of the scorpionfish though and really nice lighting. The idea is terrific.

Pretty good pic for a 10 year old camera. Just shows its the photographer not the latest and greatist camera which takes the pic. I use an aquatica housing with a nikon d60 and ikelite AI strobe and a nikonos sb 105 as a slave. The strobes are 30 years old. No ttl mannual setting only. Camera does not see strobe. I guess at settings but digital is very easy compared to film.I have seen on many liveaboards people with the latest and greatist housing don't know how to work it or the camera. Jim Church from the nikonos film camera days. One of his sayings KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid. reefscenics.smugmug.com

Edited by saga7
  • Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements