Sign in to follow this  
adamhanlon

Wetpixel Live: Underwater Photography at Night

Night diving offers an opportunity for different subjects and creative techniques for photographers. In this episode of Wetpixel Live, @Alex_Mustard and @adamhanlon provide some practical advice about setting up the gear and honing techniques to maximize the potential for striking shots.

Great discussion (I am enjoying Wetpixel live videos a lot, thanks @adamhanlon). @Alex_Mustard many (most?) images on your website with the 'night' tag show "No flash" in the info.. that cannot be correct?!

Kind regards,

Ajay.

3 hours ago, ajay said:

Great discussion (I am enjoying Wetpixel live videos a lot, thanks @adamhanlon). @Alex_Mustard many (most?) images on your website with the 'night' tag show "No flash" in the info.. that cannot be correct?!

Kind regards,

Ajay.

I can't speak for Alex, but on my Nikon, the EXIF "flash" record only appears for the internal flash.  For my strobe triggers, above or below water, it doesn't record any information.

@kristapsdz is exactly right! If the external strobe is connected and triggered manually, it does not show in the EXIF....The exception would be if the strobe is triggered using a camera's built-in flash.

Adam

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements