Sign in to follow this  
chipi

Remote triggers for strobes

Hi everyone

I am planning of getting either 2 remote trigger sensors I can just just put at the end of the (long) Nikonos cable or just get full assemblies (trigger plus cable).

Goal is to trigger remote strobes as slaves through these triggers since strobes would be hidden and built-in slave sensors would not be triggered.

Now, I have no clue how market has evolved, what is out there and how adopted those products are, what is expected price range and what is an overkill price, so maybe somebody has first hand experience with this topic and can run us through quick overview and comparison of current 2020 options.

Thanks,

Marko

Hey Marko

I've been using a Anglerfish strobe trigger for about 18 months. I think Adam Hanlon uses them too.

http://www.anglerfishlighting.ca/remote-trigger-v30.html

They work well although getting the knack of switching them on and off is a bit of a learning curve. 

I used one to initiate Inon Z240 strobes which were mounted on a tripod with a snoot. No problem at all. I used the fibre optic leads I already had which were straight forward and easy to adjust, plug/unplug underwater. I'm pretty sure they will work on an electric cable too.

Hope this helps you as a starter

Tim

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements