Sign in to follow this  
yahsemtough

Partial Port Hardy, BC, Canada Gallery up

Excellent macro work. Close enough that at first I thought I had misread the location as I did not identify the marine life as being BC native.

Of course I am still working on my first coffee.

Thanks

All shots, except the topside shots were with the Canon 100mm. I ran the lens in AF with a focus ring on it in case I wanted/needed to switch to FTMF. I only had to do this on one occassion. Other than that the lens worked like a charm and focused beautifully with the assistance of a focus light at depth.

After shooting the 100mm I can pretty much say for macro that lens will be my lens of choice going forward. I was also pleased to see the National Geographic photographer and his assistant both being Canon shooters. Helped to reassure my choice of camps and give me some helpful advice.

National Geographic shooters?

That wasn't Paul Nicklen and Derek Crowe was it? They seem to do most of the work around our area. I'm going to have to have a little chat with Derek(known him for 25 years) about his camera choice am i?!?!?!

Great shots.

Paul is correct. I knew of him as a buddy of mine had trained him in rebreather.

He had an assistant from the US with him. Jed. Great guy and some useful tips. I really enjoyed meeting them. Did not get to dive with them as they went out with Chris on Dive BC during the day.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements