Pomacentridae

Bayonet Mounting Systems Compatibility

I am looking to convert to a bayonet mounting system. Wanted to know if the different brands (Nauticam, Inon, AOI) are compatible with each other?

Re lens port bayonets, each manufacturer uses  a different system. For example, Subal ports have 2 bayonet pins or tongues, Sea & Sea 3, Nauticam 8, there is no standard port system.  

Some manufacturers adopt the bayonet design of others, for example, Isotta uses the Sea&Sea 3 bayonets, and also makes adapter rings to accept other ports, say from Subal.  

Edited by Kraken de Mabini

I think the OP was talking about wet lens bayonet mounts. I don't think they are cross compatible, but I don't use one, so I'm not certain.

All incompatible. Even within a manufacturer you need to be careful because they have different generations that may not be backward compatible.

However, screw threads are pretty standardised, so you can fit a screw thread lens from A with a bayonet adapter from B.

The difficulty arises when a lens comes with the bayonet built in. You don't have any choice what it can bayonet onto.

Sponsors

Advertisements