Sign in to follow this  
have2fish

Value of CP5000, L&M Tetra5000 Travel 2 package,

I have the opportunity to buy a Nikon Coolpix 5000, Light and Motion Tetra 5000, 2 Sea &Sea YS-90 strobes with Ultralight arms, 2 wetlink sync cords, Tetra focus light, Tetra ultra wide (weitwinkel) and macro wetmate lens..... and a few more bells and whistles for $3500.

The system was used about 8 times and looks perfect.

How much is this system worth new.... used? Is this a good deal?

I have limited UV experience, I have a oly 5060 & pt-20 and have had lots of fun with it in Tahiti this year, looking forward to using it more and more. Here are some photos from our trip:

http://ImageEvent.com/have2fish/tahiti2004...suwphotostahiti

Thanks

Marco Farrell

http://www.whiteseabass.com

have2fish(at)yahoo.com

FYI...I sold a cp5000 with Ikelite housing, tray, 512 CF card, extra batteries and wc-68 nikon 19mm lens for around $800

Karl

Hi,

Probably too late but I've just posted an ad for a Aquatica 5000 housing in the ADS section. With a CP-5000 selling on eBay for $350, this would make a great system.

Also posted an ad for a Ike MS strobe.

Rich

I have the opportunity to buy a Nikon Coolpix 5000, Light and Motion Tetra 5000, 2 Sea &Sea YS-90 strobes with Ultralight arms, 2 wetlink sync cords, Tetra focus light, Tetra ultra wide (weitwinkel) and macro wetmate lens..... and a few more bells and whistles for $3500.

I have a CP5000 for sale for a good price too.

Cheers

James

Yes, that's digital photography for you!

What is sad is that people considering “modern” 5MP cameras in plastic housings don’t realize that the CP-5000 in an aluminium housing is actually a very good choice for anyone doing any deep diving. Mine was used in diving conditions where I would not have dared to take a plastic housing.

A CP-5000 selling for $300 on eBay and a used Tetra or Aquatica housing makes a great 300ft+ system for very little money. Small size, full Nikon strobe compatibility and available wide angle. Hard to beat!

Rich

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements