chromatophore

Looking for advice on Caribbean Diving

Hi knowledgeable Wepixelers!

I've got a last minute dive trip coming up and have three Caribbean islands to choose from:

Barbados

Antigua

St. Lucia

Although I would normally welcome anyone's rave reviews of any Caribbean getaway, I'm "limited" to these three specific islands so if by any stroke of good fortune, someone has dived all of these I'd love their opinion. Even if you've only visited one and had a good/bad experience it would help inform my decision. 

Thanks in advance for your time!

Dived Barbados and St. Lucia, between the two "just for diving" Barbados would be my pick (I dived from the Hilton), dont forget the famous SS Stavronikita wreck a cant miss even if you don't like to penetrate it, diving the outside of it is stunning.

Not so much Land activity, besides a visit to the Harris caves and a trip to the North point or an around the island trip by car for a day.

St. Lucia was great as well if you like some great land activity and hiking, thats what I did every other day and alternated with diving.

Dived with Scuba Steve there, Superman's flight was my favorite, sloping wall dive has a depth of around 461m. see massive fluorescent Sponges, large Gorgonians and many species of colourful tropical fish. A "must do"

Cant talk about Antigua.

Edited by Xterra

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to reply Xterra, I sure appreciate it. I was already leaning towards Barbados so that makes my decision even easier. Here’s hoping you get to add Antigua to your travel list soon. 

Sponsors

Advertisements