Taj

xAdventure Lights?

That's a good point. Unfortunately Keldan is significantly more expensive. 

At the price difference you can just buy new ones if their faulty. I don't know these particular ones. I've seen a chinese photographer use this brand with some snoot adapter in lembeh with great success. 

Honestly with UW gear it's really hard to say how good the chinese stuff is. Keldan certainly is better, but is it double (tripple?) the price better? It's really hard to say with few (no) independent reviews.

Perhaps it is more pertinent to consider what you will be using the light for. Photography and filmmaking is all about capturing light, and the better the quality of the light you use, the better your images and films will look. Sure, there is an element of skill, but even a skilled image maker will find it tough to get great results with poor quality light.  

That said, I have no knowledge of the quality of light that the lights in question produce. I do know the incredible quality of light that is provided by Keldan lights, and this is why they are almost universally the first choice of most established filmmakers and production houses. 

Bottom line, if you want to get the best from your imaging system investing in better light will pretty much always be a good idea. 

I'm just thinking about buying some new lamps too, but maybe not these Xadventure's one.

For the moment I'm using RGBlue System 02 which are really good, great colors but I miss some power. The only nice test I could founded was for Keldan or Sola. I used Keldan lamps and I love the quality of the light, but I am also looking for lamps with several hours capacity for long rebreather diving.

Also, I'm using Keldan RED filters so I'm thinking to put blue fiters on my future lamps, and I remain perplexed about CRI expensive price when you add a blue filters on the front.

What about Bigblue 15000 lumens lamp? Someone did already compare these lamps with blue filters? They seems to have different color (warm and white) and still powerfull.

Sponsors

Advertisements