Sign in to follow this  
g b

Dual Sync Cables

Hi 

I am very new to all this, I have been taking underwater pictures for a good while, however I would not call myself an underwater photographer. I have been using Sea & Sea Yellow Sub 300 strobes for years one connected to the camera with a sync cable the other as a "slave", happy with the results. I now have 2 new Inon 330 strobes and much prefer them, however I still have one connected to the camera with a sync cable the other as a slave. My question should I move to use a dual sync cable? 

All advice gratefully received 

regards

Graeme

36 minutes ago, g b said:

Hi 

I am very new to all this, I have been taking underwater pictures for a good while, however I would not call myself an underwater photographer. I have been using Sea & Sea Yellow Sub 300 strobes for years one connected to the camera with a sync cable the other as a "slave", happy with the results. I now have 2 new Inon 330 strobes and much prefer them, however I still have one connected to the camera with a sync cable the other as a slave. My question should I move to use a dual sync cable? 

All advice gratefully received 

regards

Graeme

Hi Graeme

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" springs to mind.

My experience of Inons (for me the Z240) is that the slave connection works very well. If you have one slaving off the other, by my experience there is no advantage in switching to a dual cord.

Save the cash for a different "investment" ;)

Great, glad to hear your advice, that will pay for the new zip in the drysuit.

many thanks 

Graeme

Woooooaaaahhhhhhh, given  choice between a double sync cord and a new drysuit zip, Hello YKK!

Well need a new sync cable anyway so single sync cable ordered and drysuit packed for new zip!

Personally much prefer two single cables. You could be screwed on a trip if you just relied on a double and it went tits up.

• Like 1

Yes I get that, good point!

However the housing (Subal CD5) as two different sync cable ports, 5pin and 6pin, and I never really thought about changing ports, (maybe I should do that) just carried on with the old sea & sea yellow sub 300 strobes I used in my film days (Nikon 801) I must have had the old strobes best part of 20 years and they still work! (kind of durable)

I have recently used my spare single sync cable and bought new strobes hence the question.

I don't know or dive with any other underwater photographers so the comments are appreciated

:D

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements