Sign in to follow this  
freediver87

WWL-1 on Ikelite?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has some experience with using the WWL-1 or any other (full zoom trough) wet Lens on a Ikelite flat port, ideally in combination with MFT (e.g. GH5) ? 

i know the Lens should ideally be as close as possible to the lens of the Dome but there seems to be no Information on that, making it difficult to Tell whether this might work or not.

Cheers

The impact of not being close enough to the port glass is going to be that you will need to zoom in a bit more beyond 28mm equivalent focal length to get away from vignetting , so you'll lose some field of view if it's not close enough to the port.   The lens should be within 5-10mm of the port glass ideally, but could work a bit further away.  The WWL works on many compacts where the lens sits back from the port at the widest setting so there is some tolerance.

Looking at Ikelite's port charts they have the same 75301 flat port for the 14-42 lenses,  the 30, 45 and 60mm macro lenses.  The Oly 60mm lens is 82 mm long, while Pany 14-42 G ASPH zoom is 49mm long by the specs, so that lens would sit at least 82-49 = 33mm from the port glass, probably closer to 40mm assuming the 60mm sits around 5mm back from the glass.

At that distance I'd really suggest going to a dealer to try out any wet lens you propose to use unless someone else responds who is using the exact combination.  You can test out vignetting on land quite easily so you could do it  in the dealer's shop if they had the wet lens in stock.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements