Sign in to follow this  
Hawaiian_Waters

Technical Help Sought - Underwater Housing Pistol Grip

I bought a barely used Salt Frog water housing for a Sony A6000 that came with a pistol grip. Everything appears to be fine, however, the pistol grip won't take a shot, only autofocus. Any idea what settings I need to change in my Sony A6000 to make the pistol grip work properly? My above water USB remote trigger works, so I'm baffled here. 

Couldn't find any other topic in the forum that addressed this.

Thanks in advance!

- HW

Edited by Hawaiian_Waters

4 hours ago, Hawaiian_Waters said:

I bought a barely used Salt Frog water housing for a Sony A6000 that came with a pistol grip. Everything appears to be fine, however, the pistol grip won't take a shot, only autofocus. Any idea what settings I need to change in my Sony A6000 to make the pistol grip work properly? My above water USB remote trigger works, so I'm baffled here. 

Couldn't find any other topic in the forum that addressed this.

Thanks in advance!

- HW

https://seafrogs.com.hk/collections/a6xxx-salted-line/products/seafrogs-60m-195ft-waterproof-housing-for-sony-a6xxx-series-salted-line-with-pistol-grip-6-dry-dome-port-black

Is this the housing? - there's a heap of minor variations on their website for Sony A6xxx series cameras.

I see they say: 

Compatible cameras:

• Sony a6000
  • Sony a6100
  • Sony a6300
  • Sony a6400
  • Sony a6500

Please indicate the model of camera and lens which you will be using in "special instructions" at cart page. We will preinstall parts needed and test the unit functionality before shipping.

As it's second hand Is it possible it was set up for a different camera model when the purchased by the original buyer?  You could try contacting Sea Frogs, I've heard they are reasonably responsive to questions.

I got the conversion parts for the a6000 and it's working fine, it's just baffling that the remote USB cable for the pistol grip isn't behaving like every other USB remote cable. But I'll try email them and see what the deal is. 

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements