Sign in to follow this  
Jantina

UW photography workshop Bonaire

So i am planning a trip to Bonaire in january and i am looking for recommendations for a good UW photography workshop.

I am a topside photographer, so i know my apperture, shutter etc. I am looking for someone to learn me other tips & tricks underwater regarding photography to speed up my UW photogrpahy skills. 

I thought maybe you people have a good experiance or recommendations. I would love to read them! 

There used to be a resident photo "pro" at Buddy Dive who you could hire kit from and/or pay for 1:1 instruction. Don't  know anything about his abilities or even if he is still there. Last time  I  saw him was three years ago.

I've been to Bonaire loads of times but, honestly, couldn't recommend anyone for a course.

There used to be someone at Buddy's but can't say I was terribly impressed with what I heard him say. There was also someone at a shop at the Den Laman apartments ( by the first roundabout north of Kralendijk)

There's a good u/w photography shop about .5 of a mile north of Kralendijk on the right hand side of the main coastal road. Might be worth asking them. Sorry, I can't find the name of it but it's a modern building and well marked.

4 minutes ago, JimG said:

There used to be a resident photo "pro" at Buddy Dive who you could hire kit from and/or pay for 1:1 instruction. Don't  know anything about his abilities or even if he is still there. Last time  I  saw him was three years ago.

Yeah, didn't he call himself the Digital Doctor or some such?

John Wall was the Digital Doctor at Buddy Dive for many years. He was an excellent underwater photography instructor able to share shooting tips and more in easy to understand terms.

His decades of experience was invaluable to people starting out and those who had been shooting for awhile but getting inconsistent results.

He's retired now but still living on island. 

David Haas

Haas Photography Inc.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements