Dann-Oh

Macro imaging with snoot (or two)

I'm trying to think of a scenario where I would want to use two strobes each with snoots.

Thanks for the taking the time to read and respond.

image.png.1dd8a793ad9d0fd358e8deafa558800a.png

Amazing photo.  Thank you for sharing.  I just got two of the Backscatter Mini Flash 1 (each with a snoot).  I was wondering if I had made a mistake by getting two snoots.  It seems my only limitation is going to be my imagination.  I'm going to pair the the Mini Flashes with my Olympus PEN E-PL10 and 60mm macro, I also have a 8mm fisheye.

If you are interested in taking a newer UW photographer under your wing let me know, im always looking for a mentor and diving buddies.

Edited by Dann-Oh

Dann-oh

Snoot shots are really tricky. I’d suggest starting with one and really getting the hang of the technique, angles, lighting the right place etc, before moving to two. It’s quite a frustrating learning curve. Fun though!

8 hours ago, TimG said:

Dann-oh

Snoot shots are really tricky. I’d suggest starting with one and really getting the hang of the technique, angles, lighting the right place etc, before moving to two. It’s quite a frustrating learning curve. Fun though!

Oh yeah, I am really looking forward to getting my new kit underwater and learning with it.  My Wife took the credit cards away from me during the black friday sales last week, I bought a whole new camera system.

Tsk. Bad boy :crazy:

Kerry Wilk has a trove of other snoot shots that are also amazing, but that double eye shot is pretty amazing. Personally I don't shoot snoots very often but I have friends who shoot with them most of the time.

Bill

Sponsors

Advertisements