Sign in to follow this  
vigfus

Dive light with adjustable beam (and power)

Hi,
I used a Sola 800P and while handy during night dives with no particles in the water I found it visually to be like in a blizzard-esque environment when on a dive with lots of particles due to the wide beam. My friend have been using the first version of the RB Blue light since release and are happy with it. I tried it on night dives with lots of particles and the narrower beam helps a lot (60 degrees with condenser lens). Are there any mountable (preferably ball mount), non-canister, dive lights with adjustable beam and adjustable power up to 2000-2500 lumen?

Best Regards,
Vigfus

I like the INON LED torches - they are powered by 3 or 6 AA batteries beam is "adjustable" by adding screw one diffuser so you can have either 30 or 60° beam.  Some models are single power, others are two power settings.  I use the LF1400S model which has 700 or 1400 lumen output.  I use it as a combination spotter and focus light and find it it perfectly adequate , my eyes adjust to the brightness available quite quickly.  Too bright a light scares away many sea creatures.  They also have a model with a ultra tight 5° beam that can be used as a spotter.   

There is an optional holder with a YS mount that I use to mount to my cold shoe.  The other nice feature is they have an external rubber o-ring the head screws down on - this effectively keeps water and grit away from the sealing o-rings so apart from a quick inspection I rarely if ever actually service the o-rings.

In the Sola series from L&M there are wide/spot versions at 2000 Lumen and 2500 lumen. There is also a new Backscatter version that has wide and spot and the wide is like 3400 lumen (from a bad memory).

Bill

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements