Sign in to follow this  
turandot

AOI UH-EM5III for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III

I open a new thread for the next underwater housing AOI UH-EM5III for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mark III. These are the possible specifications:

- Port system: OM-D Mount ( extended to the Olympus OM-D system)
- Depth Rating: 60M / 157FT.
- Housing Body: Polycarbonate
- Vacuum valve is built in with USB-C charging.
- Double-layer Oring protection.
- There is no built in flash trigger. It’ll be a separate purchase.
 ( AOI STR-003 flash trigger )

The housing AOI UH-EM5III have the same OM-D Mount that Olympus Housing PT-EP08/11/14 series. 

For M.Zuiko 8mm PRO lens Backscatter recommended AOI DLP-07 / 08 (8 inch) without extension ring setup for best image corner sharpness and AOI DLP-01 / 02 (4 inch) AOI 22mm Extension Ring when smallest travel size is primary requirement.

I read the AOI Ports Chart and it's also possible to mount AOI DLP-05 / 06 (4 inch) +  AOI 22mm Extension Ring for M.Zuiko 8mm PRO lens.

AOI Ports Chart for OLYMPUS Housings. I think is the same port as OM-D Mount we've seen in EM5III housing.
https://www.aoi-uw.com/media/wysiwyg/AOI_Ports_Chart_for_OLYMPUS_Housings.pdf

Edited by turandot
  • Like 1

Oh for pete's sake- I just bought an M1mkIII last week; I would have held out if I knew this was on the way :)

Man, if that's true I'll name my first born child after you.  I'm 50 and single, but hey...

3 hours ago, Wapiti said:

Man, if that's true I'll name my first born child after you.  I'm 50 and single, but hey...

What pressure!! :rofl:

It's official!! The UH-EM5iii underwater housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKIII is here!! Now it's time to wait for its specs

We have the first official image! A new colour has been presented.

AOI_EM5_III_13.jpg

AOI UH-EM5iii vs Nauticam NA-EM5iii

AOI Dimensions:  206mm(W) x 182mm(H) x 114mm(D)
AOI Weight in air: 1.340g (LCD lens hood and lanyard included, camera and accessories not included for the calculation of this weight)

Nauticam Dimensions: 196mm(W) x 166mm(H) x 99mm(D)
Nauticam Weight in air: 1.400g (Camera and accessories not included for the calculation of this weight)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements