Hello,

This is my first underwater photography. I have a new year trip with "Deep Andaman Queen Liveaboard"

We travelled to Richelieu Rock , Koh Tachai , Koh Bon And Similan island for 4 days 14 dives.

Please don't hesitate to advise. I will really appreciate.

My gears:

Camera A7RIII + Metabones V + 8-15 fisheye

Housing : Nauticam NA-a7RIII + 140 mm fisheye dome

Strobes : Sea&Sea YS-D3 x 2

Thanks

1.jpg

These are nice pics, Namton. The divers in the images set the scene nicely and the ones with schools of fish swimming in the same direction look good.

I'd just offer a couple of thoughts: you might try shooting slightly upwards and getting slightly lower on the reef. This could give you varying tones of blue in the background which, I think, can look good in wide-angle shots. (the last one is a good example of this).

And then for my eye (and I appreciate this is a very personal thing) the images are slightly over saturated and, for me, slightly unnatural. I'd dial back the saturation a little.

But if these were your first underwater images, I'd say well done!

50 minutes ago, TimG said:

These are nice pics, Namton. The divers in the images set the scene nicely and the ones with schools of fish swimming in the same direction look good.

I'd just offer a couple of thoughts: you might try shooting slightly upwards and getting slightly lower on the reef. This could give you varying tones of blue in the background which, I think, can look good in wide-angle shots. (the last one is a good example of this).

And then for my eye (and I appreciate this is a very personal thing) the images are slightly over saturated and, for me, slightly unnatural. I'd dial back the saturation a little.

But if these were your first underwater images, I'd say well done!

Thank you for giving me advice and support.

I will try to shoot slight upwards and decrease a little of saturation in Lr.  I think I push it to much :bye:

Thanks again for discussing all the pictures with me.

I also think slowing down the shutter slightly to get a lighter tone of blue would make them a bit nicer. They look relatively dark. Very good first effort though!

hi Namton

If this is your first attempt in underwater photography, congratulation! Extremely good photos for first time underwater photography!

The advices of TimG and Hyp are right. I do not know if you are working on manual or automatic exposure in the camera. Manual gives you more control, specially in wideangle. Measure the light in the middle water to settle the speed and aperture then adjust the strobes accordingly. Otherwise your photos will look like dusk time photos (the blue too dark)

but as said, very well done for first attempt!

Hi Namton, thanks for sharing the photos, I have dived the Andamans and it is a fantastic experience.

Sponsors

Advertisements