Sign in to follow this  
tdphoto

self-made HDMI cables??

Hi,

Hope in this corner there is someone to give me a tip...

Last year I developed and built an underwater monitor case together with a case builder. We currently use Nauticam cables and sockets to connect from housing to housing, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the parts. I also have problems with my connection cable after 20 dives and it no longer works properly.

The sockets and the cable are not sealed and so the vacuum of the underwater housing is even built up via the cable in the monitor housing.

But if something is wrong, problems can arise in both cases in the worst case. For this reason I would like to build my own solution. I am aware that certain manufacturers already have ready-made solutions, but they are usually extremely expensive. For the reason the question whether someone has a tip for possible plugs / sockets from companies. The aim is as a minimum a plug connection on the underwater housing of the camera with an M16 socket. The connection must have 19 pins so that the HDMI signal can be looped through. 

The challenge of doing the whole thing with your "own" solution is of course still fun, even if it takes a lot of time.

Thanks for your inputs!

Greetings from Switzerland,

Tino 

PS. Sorry about my bad english, hope the help of google translation works! 

cable.png

2020-10-21_09h-45m-26s.jpg

Hi Tino,

In case no one replies here, have a try with the French UW forum (forum-photosub.fr) - a lot of DIY homemade projects are posted there.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements