Sign in to follow this  
rviscusi

Any comments on the new sigma 12-24mm lens in a wide dome?

I just bought a SEA&SEA housing for the Canon 10d and a wide dome port, my questions is if anyone has been using a Sigma 12-24mm lens and if so what results have they been having.

The widest I can go with Canon in a zoom is 16-35L or the 17-40L which I have not had much feedback from.

Thanks,

RV

Unless you need it right away, I'd wait a few weeks to see the reviews of the Canon 10-22mm.

Except the 10-22 is an EF-S lens and won't work with a 10d without modification. :D

i have been using it with a 10d and in a jonah housing (which provides access to zoom gear).

i am pleased with it, but did not have anything to compare to, so please take this with a grain of salt.

some wide angle photos can be seen here (first time using the dslr/camera/housing combo):

http://www.3at5.com/photoalbums/200408buna...naken/index.htm

let me know if you have any questions...

I want to try it on a full-frame camera. I have heard some pretty good things about this lens.

Cheers

James

I want to try it on a full-frame camera.  I have heard some pretty good things about this lens.

Cheers

James

I'll bring it in march to the wetpixel trip

It's a great lens, but a bit bulky and heavy, and i really prefer the 15mm FE on the croped sensor of my 300D

Grr .. just posted this somewhere else too ... so i can make it work with my D60 ?

The Sigma 12-24 will work on the D60, the Canon 10-22 will not without modification (not sure what would be involved or if it would work).

This is my first test with Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG ASP HSM and Nikon F80. I used my Aquatica Housing adapted to F80 with an 8" dome port and 2 extension rings (40mm). I used minimum aperture of 8. I scanned the negative superia 100 with a Dimage Scan Dual Scanner. Some color balance, sharpness and contrast were necessary to digitalize these images. I´m very happy with my first results. In the near future I will shoot with chrome and digital (D100) and I hope I can have even better results.

Flare is the worst problem of this lens like any zoom wide angle. We must pay attention in situations where flare occurs. Other problem is some vigneting visible under f/stop 8. This last problem doesn’t occurs on the cropped sensor of digital

35907263.jpg

Aperture 8 - Sigma 12-24mm at 24 - 2 strobes YS350 at 1/4

35903649.jpg

Aperture 8 - Sigma 12-24mm at 24mm - 2 strobes YS350 at 1/4

35903646.jpg

aperture 11 - Sigma 12-24mm at 12mm - no strobe

35903648.jpg

aperture 8 - Sigma 12-24mm at 12mm - 2 strobes YS350 at 1/4

Very nice images Mauricio....I'd guess you like that lens OK :D

Karl

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors