Knightpics

Do you shoot with Sony a7 or A9 series and if so what wide angle lenses do you use

The issue with the 180mm dome is it's not a full hemisphere, the angle subtended by the dome segment is about equal to a 15-16mm lens field of view , maybe 115° or so.  You need place a fisheye well forward of the base of the dome to avoid vignetting.   The geometry also means you need to place the entrance pupil well forward of the centre of curvature of the dome.   It might also be touch and go whether the dome will vignette with a fisheye as the dome base is not flat.  You can see what I mean in this photo of the N100 dome here:P6110004.jpg

I agree that the best results will come with the so called Fisheye ports and the ones I use most are the Nauticam 140mm and 230mm.

15 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:

I agree that the best results will come with the so called Fisheye ports and the ones I use most are the Nauticam 140mm and 230mm.

Yes without a doubt.  Nauticam recommends the 140 as most optimised generally for fisheyes.

Agree that the 140mm is the best choice especially for CFWA. However I own both ports and use the 230mm as my go to port for splits with the Canon 8-15mm zoom, Sony 12-24mm zoom and Tamron 17-28mm zoom.   

Sponsors

Advertisements