English subtitles - Subtítulos en español - 日本語字幕

The Formiche di Grosseto ("Ants of Grosseto") are three islets included in the Tuscan archipelago
(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formiche_di_Grosseto).

The discovery in 2016 of a garden of Savalia savaglia near the largest islet gave us the opportunity to learn more, with Prof. Carlo Cerrano, the peculiarities of this species and its ecological and biological value.

The dives also highlighted a particular type of interaction between the two typical chromatic varieties known for Savalia savaglia. The observation opened new hypotheses on the complex growth strategies of this species.

The opportunity provided by this type of exploration underlines how technical diving is a means and not an end. A set of tools that allow to extend the duration of our excursions, to approach demanding dives making them safer and more fun or, as in our case, an example of "citizen science" that is a collaboration between technical divers and scientists.

Short bibliography: cutt.ly/Iko2OHp

• Like 3

Very nice DB, congrulations.

Im a mediterranean person as well but cant go that deep unfortunately

which metering mode are you using?

Thanks a lot

Lutfu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lutfu said:

Very nice DB, congrulations.

Im a mediterranean person as well but cant go that deep unfortunately

which metering mode are you using?

Thanks Lutfu,

Yes that garden is deep and far from shore and you cannot anchor on top so you have nearly 15' of scooter at 60/70 meter before you reach the garden. The result is a runtime fo 3/4h each dive.

Most of the uw clips are of my dive buddy @MarcoP. He uses a GH4. He made most of the wide shots and I made most of the close-up shots.  Both of us work full manual. Histograms and so on.

Lately I'm trying to use AUTO ISO, expecially in the deepest dives. Mixed results so far.

On ambient WA shots it works nicely but on close shot I get overexposed clips. Usually I set it  -1 EV or -2 EV but those corals are really light reflecting so it's difficult using AUTO ISO on them.

It's a shame while I'm in AUTO ISO mode I cannot set EV compensation on one of the dials. I have to press a specific button and then use the dial. 

Bye 

Edited by Davide DB

15 hours ago, Davide DB said:

Yes that garden is deep and far from shore and you cannot anchor on top so you have nearly 15' of scooter at 60/70 meter before you reach the garden. The result is a runtime fo 3/4h each dive.

A proper dive then :))

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, Davide DB said:

Thanks Lutfu,

Most of the uw clips are of my dive buddy @MarcoP. He uses a GH4. He made most of the wide shots and I made most of the close-up shots.  Both of us work full manual. Histograms and so on.

Lately I'm trying to use AUTO ISO, expecially in the deepest dives. Mixed results so far.

On ambient WA shots it works nicely but on close shot I get overexposed clips. Usually I set it  -1 EV or -2 EV but those corals are really light reflecting so it's difficult using AUTO ISO on them.

It's a shame while I'm in AUTO ISO mode I cannot set EV compensation on one of the dials. I have to press a specific button and then use the dial. 

Bye 

Thanks a lot DB for detailed answer

All clips looking amazing 

welldone to whole team

regards

Lutfu

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 7:33 PM, MarcoP. said:

Hi Lutfu,
The best clips are on “your” Gh4!!!!
Marco.

Hey Marco thats amazing and it looks like he found a better home now