In addition to a software upgrade, Retra have just announced an extra warranty period for their strobes as diving has been so difficult for the last 12 months.

Nice one Retra!

https://www.retra-uwt.com/blogs/news/retra-flash-prime-pro-firmware-update

This is such a great commercial move. Won't cost much but highly useful for the owners.

Anecdotally, I tried to renegotiate and push back my diving insurance last year (given lack of diving) but clearly they weren't as business friendly!

1 hour ago, waterpixel said:

This is such a great commercial move. Won't cost much but highly useful for the owners.

Anecdotally, I tried to renegotiate and push back my diving insurance last year (given lack of diving) but clearly they weren't as business friendly!

Yeah, totally agree. A lovely touch.

Indeed, just received an email from Retra announcing this. A great commercial gesture.

Very much appreciated!

Maybe worth noting on the firmware upgrade:

The app doesn't necessarily recognise that there is an upgrade available and prompt with an Upgrade  software button. Both my strobes showed that the firmware was Up to Date despite having the older iteration.

Deleting the app and reloading it solved the issue and allowed the update. This  was a very smooth process and took maybe 3-4 minutes with some very nice app graphics and flashing lights on the strobe!

Thank you Tim

The App Store and Google Play store need some time to update the app on your device. Basically you needed to do the reloading procedure because the Retra UWT App on your device was still the previous version and it didn't have the new firmware inside.

You will be able to go through the procedure again in a day or two because we just solved a nasty bug that could result in unwanted triggers when using fully charged batteries with the Supercharger in TTL mode. Firmware version 3.12 will be available in a couple days, it's just going through the verification process... 

1 hour ago, Oskar@RetraUWT said:

Thank you Tim

The App Store and Google Play store need some time to update the app on your device. Basically you needed to do the reloading procedure because the Retra UWT App on your device was still the previous version and it didn't have the new firmware inside.

You will be able to go through the procedure again in a day or two because we just solved a nasty bug that could result in unwanted triggers when using fully charged batteries with the Supercharger in TTL mode. Firmware version 3.12 will be available in a couple days, it's just going through the verification process... 

Good to know - many thanks, Oskar.

The new firmware upgrade 3.12 is available now.

Sponsors

Advertisements