Posted (edited)

I have taken on board various posts about using ambient filters on underwater strobes/video lamps. I have had reasonable success, and have highlighted my finding on my article.

Here is a link  http://underwaterwillett.com/ambient filters.html

Please feel free to contact me for discussions or about your findings that  you may wish to share  etc.

Edited by andywillett
tidy up

On 3/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, andywillett said:

I have taken on board various posts about using ambient filters on underwater strobes/video lamps. I have had reasonable success, and have highlighted my finding on my article.

Here is a link  http://underwaterwillett.com/ambient filters.html

Please feel free to contact me for discussions or about your findings that  you may wish to share  etc.

Perhaps you could share your findings on here? 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, adamhanlon said:

Perhaps you could share your findings on here? 

The subject of ambient video filters has been covered by a number of photographers, Circling around similar conclusions.

My findings are .

Top brand filters are not mandatory
Try a propriety filter brand so to keep consistency, I use Kood, more affordable to experiment with.
I use lee filter gels also, especially to find a matching filter for the video lamp (has to match the lens filter)
Kood make a wide range of filter sizes that can be taken apart and used in front of your camera sensor. IE when using fish eye lenses.
Filter gels are cheap, But select very carefully unblemished section to cut for use on camera. The video/strobe light gel is far less important in regards to blemishes.
Lee gels will only be similar to proprietary filter colours. But close enough, with differences that are easily post corrected anyway.
.Always use latex (or similar) finger cots when handling camera/lens filters to keep clean (fingers are oily).

Regards

Sponsors

Advertisements