Sign in to follow this  
A.Y.

Insta360 1" Edition

Anyone has underwater experience with this Insta360 camera with an 1" sensor with 4K 60P option and a 60m (196.9ft) housing? I've seen a few YouTube videos, showing it has much better low-light performance under and above water than GoPros. Does it overheat inside the housing and how's the battery life?

On 3/17/2021 at 2:30 PM, A.Y. said:

Anyone has underwater experience with this Insta360 camera with an 1" sensor with 4K 60P option and a 60m (196.9ft) housing? I've seen a few YouTube videos, showing it has much better low-light performance under and above water than GoPros. Does it overheat inside the housing and how's the battery life?

I considered the Insta360 with 1" sensor but it has a minimum focus distance of 90 cm. It's a lot. It works probably well in pristine waters with very good visibility.

The other issue is the price. There are 1" sensor cameras with zoom lens in this price range. It's a more versatile option for underwater videography.

Thanks for the information! I'll look into adapting GoPro Flip Close-Up Lens to Insta360 1 Inch. If it doesn't work, likely I'll just mount it next to the GoPro on the same tray - use GoPro for subjects within 90cm and use Insta360 1" for anything beyond.

Insta360 1" + housing = US$630 and it is slightly wider than GoPro 8. Other 1" cameras that shoot 4K 60p + wide angle lens + housing = a lot bulkier, heavier, and far more expensive, which is why I'm interested in Insta360 1".

My main goal is traveling as light as possible and still get decent 4K60p videos.

3 hours ago, A.Y. said:

Thanks for the information! I'll look into adapting GoPro Flip Close-Up Lens to Insta360 1 Inch. If it doesn't work, likely I'll just mount it next to the GoPro on the same tray - use GoPro for subjects within 90cm and use Insta360 1" for anything beyond.

Insta360 1" + housing = US$630 and it is slightly wider than GoPro 8. Other 1" cameras that shoot 4K 60p + wide angle lens + housing = a lot bulkier, heavier, and far more expensive, which is why I'm interested in Insta360 1".

My main goal is traveling as light as possible and still get decent 4K60p videos.

Regarding the size, you're right. Im my opinion it could be perfect for reef scenes and bigger animals (in clear water).

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements