ScottAudette

Nauticam Hot Shoe Connector/Plug

Good day,

Just wondering if anyone know where I can source the connector plugs Nauticam uses in the hot shoe bulkhead setups. I'd like to use my electrical sync with the sync port on the camera rather than hot shoe.(And also use FO at same time for strobes above and below water) And I'd much rather not cannibalize a $69 part for a $.10 connector! LOL.

Thanks!

Scott

25056-M14-NIKONOS-5-PIN-BULKHEAD.w610.h610.fill.wm.png

I have not seen anything like that around.  Just to clarify you have the bulkhead already and want to plug a PC sync (I assume - the old style PC sync cord.  into it to trigger an external strobe via that bulkhead

I have not seen any plugs like that that are so small, you could try plugging in individual  pins to the right holes on the female bulkhead plug - you would only need two for a PC sync port, something like this:  https://www.allelectronics.com/item/12124582/tin-plated-male-terminal-16-14-ga/1.html  - the polarity should not matter - either  plug them into the right hole once and tape it all together or plug them in individually each time you disconnect and mark the correct holes clearly. Use heat shrink of the right length to insulate the exposed parts.  You would need to confirm the pins were the right size to make good contact in the bulkhead plug, I'm sure they come in various sizes.

Hi Chris,

Yeah, I am going to use the PC Connection simultaneously. One for trigger a strobe via electrical connection to pc. And one via FO from the hot shoe UW. The pain method might be my only option, definitely worth exploring. 

thx

Scott

Hi Scott, Sorry been slow to pick this up.

I think it should be a 6 pin mini DIN connector? That is what I have used before to customise the internal cables in the past. Not sure which part of the World you are in, but should only be a few $£€ .

Hope you get sorted soon

Cheers

Pete

Sponsors

Advertisements