Sharkhottub

WTB- Nauticam External Battery pack for A6500

Hello,

I am looking to find the nauticam external battery pack for the Sony a6500 and included cable, this is unfortunately recently discontinued!

Thanks!

I'm so annoyed they discontinued this! I am looking for one as well!

I've taken the cord on mine apart to see if I can help folks out BUT the board is glued in. The dummy load should be pretty easy to build BUT finding a battery that fits is the bigger issue.  The ones that are thin enough tend to be too wide. We can move this to Lighting and maybe we could source/build these ourselves?

On 2/6/2022 at 9:23 AM, ScottAudette said:

I've taken the cord on mine apart to see if I can help folks out BUT the board is glued in. The dummy load should be pretty easy to build BUT finding a battery that fits is the bigger issue.  The ones that are thin enough tend to be too wide. We can move this to Lighting and maybe we could source/build these ourselves?

If we can figure out the wiring, I am confident we can figure out a mounting method. The original pack's mounting arms are held on with a few screws that could be repurposed into a 3d printed mount to fit the slightly thicker batteries.

Discussion about building these ourselves aside, I'm still keeping my feelers out for a battery + dongle kit. I'll pay a premium! 

Bummer, I just came across this :-( I have one that came with the used a6500 rig I purchased a while ago and was planning on getting a 2nd battery backup. I'll see I can come up with a replacement battery for those of us who have the cable and other components.  I'll have to dig mine out and see if there is any nomenclature on the parts and get back to you all if I find any substitutes. 

I have found a few batteries which have the same dimensions on US Amazon, and a few cables which *look* similar, but the magic is in the wiring of the nauticam cable which keeps the battery "awake" after charging the camera to full. 

Go to the article below for a solution to battery for the a6500. Note that the Attom Tech battery that I suggested as a replacement for the Kolumb (that is no longer available on Amazon) doesn't work as it's slightly larger than the Kolumb and can't be sufficiently filed down to a narrower width of 58mm.  Unfortunately, the Kolumb is getting harder to find. I just scored two on eBay for back-ups. If you can find one, the article below tells you how to modify it and a link to the cable you'll need.  There's also a note on two rubber bumbers in the housing that can be removed to allow for a slightly wider battery than 58mm.  I haven't checked that out yet since I have three Kolumb backup batteries.

Good luck,

Marshall

https://scubaboard.com/community/threads/a-solution-to-nauticams-discontinued-na-36331-aux-battery-pack.623313/

Sponsors

Advertisements