Sign in to follow this  
timbriggsphoto

Aquatica A7rii Housing Power Switch Problems

I've got an Aquatica housing for an A7rii that I bought used, and since I've bought it, the power switch has not been able to turn the camera off. It can flip the switch on, but it can't quite seem to go the other direction. It seems like it needs to be seated in the switch itself on the camera, does anyone have advice on getting this switch to work? Has anyone else had this happen? I am leaning towards just sending it in for a repair but would prefer not to.

You could try to observe what is going on by installing the camera and trying the switch while watching what happens as you operate the control.  Assume you have seen this notification in the manual:

IMPORTANT: Before sliding the camera into the housing, position the ON/OFF switch of both the camera and the housing (# 14) to the OFF position (rotating the ON/OFF switch of the housing counterclockwise to a stop)

Hi Chris,

I have seen that part of the manual, it looks like the finger that would grab the power switch doesn't quite reach the camera in the right way... I'll keep messing with it. Also am in contact with Aquatica. Thanks for the advice!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements