Looks more like a boxfish. Where was this?

Ok. Anyone knows which one exactly?

It was in Egypt, Hurghada, Makadi Bay.

Maybe a Spotted Boxfish "Ostracion meleagris"?

Or Shortnose Boxfish (see the bump on the snout) "Rhynchostracion nasus"?

3 minutes ago, TimG said:

Maybe a Spotted Boxfish "Ostracion meleagris"?

Or Shortness Boxfish (see the bump on the snout) "Rhynchostracion nasus"?

Rhynchostracion nasus - thanks :)

:good:

Are you still in Makadi Bay? If so, try diving the house reef by the Serenity hotel - it really took me by surprise how good it was once you go about 15m north of the pier where all the snorkelers stop. Loads of fish, turtles etc - I did 2 dives there taking 2 teenagers from or group on their first dives, and my buddy and I agreed it wasn't far off the outer reefs.

A good way to spend an hour or so away from the hotels without doing a full boat trip!

Mike 

On 4/27/2021 at 6:09 PM, pooley said:

Are you still in Makadi Bay? If so, try diving the house reef by the Serenity hotel - it really took me by surprise how good it was once you go about 15m north of the pier where all the snorkelers stop. Loads of fish, turtles etc - I did 2 dives there taking 2 teenagers from or group on their first dives, and my buddy and I agreed it wasn't far off the outer reefs.

A good way to spend an hour or so away from the hotels without doing a full boat trip!

Mike 

Nope I came back 3 weeks ago. But I actually did 2 dives there if I am right. Or at least pretty close. Lucky to watch 3 eagle rays flying trough the sea during those dives :)

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, blipstream said:

Rhynchostracion nasus - thanks :)

Rhynchostracion nasus lives from Sri Lanka to Palau and south to Australia.  It's the other one, Ostracion meleagris.

Sponsors

Advertisements