thani

New Panasonic GH series cameras are coming

On 5/28/2021 at 6:56 PM, Lionfi2s said:

We are on the same boat here Thani, but it is highly unlikely.

First you would need another recorder to capture BRAW the Ninja wont do it. Then Resolve doesn't look likely to support Prores Raw in the near future.

FCPX is really an amateur software when it comes to color grading compared to Resolve and Resolve upgrades have made it a very capable all in one solution.

For the time being the only solution seems to be doing the initial adjustment on the Prores RAW file to one of the apps that support it (FCPX or Scratch) and then export a Prores 4444 file to work with in Resolve. Not the most efficient solution but does the job.

Agreed, and I don’t mind housing the blackmagic Video assist to get that. I was hoping that BM brings a new update for the Pocket Camera with a better sensor than current - it is rumored to be the same as GH5s - this way I can update my whole setup including the housing. Until now, I am really happy with the quality of the GH5s image. Without artificial lighting the IQ is good pushed until iso 6400. I’ll post a link later.

I am also happy with Davinci Resolve workflow and the all in one solutions it offers. It is becoming a very rich platform.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, Davide DB said:

Good question.

A friend of mine produce incredibile footage with his GH5s. 

In choosing whether it's the camera or his skill, I've always thought of the second option.
In the next few months I should be shooting something with him side by side. I'll let you know...

I totally agree that the GH5s produces beautiful image. Just  add a red color filter and white balance on a gray card or glove in my case. It is that simple :)

Here is a footage I shot without lights of wreck that lies at 24m depth with bad visibility:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thani, Love your piece. Color, composition and focus. You are very good at this craft. I get the low visibility challenge but in many shots it works to diffuse the light nicely.

Seems I should craft-up to document a changing world. 

Simple question, Did you White Balance for nearly every scene change?

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2021 at 4:29 AM, Whipauee said:

Thani, Love your piece. Color, composition and focus. You are very good at this craft. I get the low visibility challenge but in many shots it works to diffuse the light nicely.

Seems I should craft-up to document a changing world. 

Simple question, Did you White Balance for nearly every scene change?

Thank you for the complement :)

Re. White balance, I tend to do WB when the light changes either due to depth changes or due to environment changes such shooting under a clef or in shadow part/inside of the wreck.

I just WB on my gray glove which makes it quite simple  (with a red filter on my lens)

59BAE1E6-2BE8-4758-B290-ECB4DA154BB7.jpeg

Edited by thani
  • Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements