chipi

Zen dome and nauticam vs sea and sea compatibility

Hello team. 

I am looking for an advice on potentially fittting Zen 230 dome port with the Nauticam ring onto Sea & Sea housing. 

In general, I want to buy a used Zen 230 port for my Sea & Sea housing, but almost no Sea & Sea ones appear, on classifieds so I am thinking of getting a Naticam one since they do appear and than just change the port fitting (ring) since I think screw holes should match. I did this already on extension ports and use Nauticam’s 30mm extension on Sea&Sea setup.

What do you think? Did anyone do this on Zen dome ports?

Cheers,

Marko

If you are using a Nauticam extension that is adapted to your Sea & Sea housing why would you need to change the extension to Nauticam dome port end. Zen makes the 230mm dome port with a Nauticam mount, Sea & Sea mount and several more. 

I take it you want to use a Nauticam port on a S&S housing.  From what I understand you buy this item and install it to the Nauticam dome:

https://www.backscatter.com/Nauticam-Sea-and-Sea-3-Lug-Bayonet-Ring-Converts-N

The Zen dome appears to use the screw on ring based upon the photo in this post: 

Having said all that if you have a Nauticam extension converted to S&S you can certainly use that or buy another ring to convert the extension you need and fit a Nauticam dame to the Nauticam extension rings.

Thanks Chris. This is exactly what I needed somebody to confirm. I also did not know that baykent ring is available on its own.

Phil, two things here:

- I want to buy used dome and save some money buy ther are never S&S ones on the used market, but Nauticam ones do show up from time to time

- I have now converted 30mm extension so I can have 70mm combo (with regular 40mm) for my 16-35, but for fisheye I do not need 30mm one, and would use 20mm, so I am looking for a solution that skips me coverting and having another 20mm extension ring

Sponsors

Advertisements