Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Freediving sock ;-) It's not nice. But it is 100% functional even in the mud.

EMWL-sock-1.jpg.48e3d482df9c0a571213fb022e23a7e9.jpg

EMWL-sock-2.thumb.jpg.bcdf3f29a7bd3dc18c36c17557235972.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the exact problem that you solved? Just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hyp said:

What is the exact problem that you solved? Just curious.

Best description of the issue (time 12:23): 

 

Just FYI ... it's look like that: WTF-EMWL-P1270844-scaled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 7:26 AM, jan.kepic said:

Freediving sock ;-) It's not nice. But it is 100% functional even in the mud.

 

Hi Jan,

Very nice DIY indeed!! Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask what you're doing when entering the water:

  • will you disassemble the 3 pieces to let all the air bubbles out, or just rotate the bubble release rings? 
  • will the sock already by on when you do those things, or do you add it afterwards, once bubbles are out? 

Looks like I let some bubbles trapped in during my first dive with the rig, at least that's how I explain the annoying black donuts on my photos, so want to make sure I get these guys out :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nicool said:

Hi Jan,

Very nice DIY indeed!! Thanks for sharing.

Can I ask what you're doing when entering the water:

  • will you disassemble the 3 pieces to let all the air bubbles out, or just rotate the bubble release rings? 
  • will the sock already by on when you do those things, or do you add it afterwards, once bubbles are out? 

Looks like I let some bubbles trapped in during my first dive with the rig, at least that's how I explain the annoying black donuts on my photos, so want to make sure I get these guys out :) 

I believe it is filled with clean water before getting in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nicool said:

Looks like I let some bubbles trapped in during my first dive with the rig, at least that's how I explain the annoying black donuts on my photos, so want to make sure I get these guys out :) 


We have strongly chlorinated tap water water in the czech republic. The first step is to pour water into a PET bottle the night before the dive.

1) Put the sock on the EMWL: Rubber band on flat port. Rubber band on heel. Leave the EMWL vent holes open (bubble ring released). Put the sock on the EMWL. Rubber band on the objective lens.
2) Fill the sock with clean water: Fill the sock with clean water. Release all bubbles by moving the sock at places where are the EMWL connections (bubble rings are released all the time). Add more water to fill the sock up to the maximum (no air in the sock).
3) Close the cap. Now you can test that everything is OK. EMWL will focus above the surface with this "adjustment".

If you have well-tightened rubber bands, it holds clean water very well. In my case, I have half an hour filled EMWL on shore. And then the water stays inside the whole three-hour freedive session.

The first installation takes a little longer and I recommend trying it for the fisrt time in peace at home. If you know what and how, then the installation at the dive site will not take you more than 5 minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 3:45 PM, jan.kepic said:


We have strongly chlorinated tap water water in the czech republic. The first step is to pour water into a PET bottle the night before the dive.

1) Put the sock on the EMWL: Rubber band on flat port. Rubber band on heel. Leave the EMWL vent holes open (bubble ring released). Put the sock on the EMWL. Rubber band on the objective lens.
2) Fill the sock with clean water: Fill the sock with clean water. Release all bubbles by moving the sock at places where are the EMWL connections (bubble rings are released all the time). Add more water to fill the sock up to the maximum (no air in the sock).
3) Close the cap. Now you can test that everything is OK. EMWL will focus above the surface with this "adjustment".

If you have well-tightened rubber bands, it holds clean water very well. In my case, I have half an hour filled EMWL on shore. And then the water stays inside the whole three-hour freedive session.

The first installation takes a little longer and I recommend trying it for the fisrt time in peace at home. If you know what and how, then the installation at the dive site will not take you more than 5 minutes.

Thanks a lot Jan for theses detailed explanations, I hadn't suspected you carried your clean water on the site, but it makes good sense!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sponsors

Advertisements



×
×
  • Create New...