Sign in to follow this  
Architeuthis

Padded travel bag for Zen DP100?

Since today I am a proud owner of a Zen DP100-N120 minidome.

I like to store (and transport in the check-in lugagge) my domeports in padded travel bags, as e.g. this one (for the Nauticam 140 dome): https://www.nauticam.com/collections/accessories-for-ports/products/padded-travel-bag-for-n120-140mm-optical-glass-wide-angle-port

Does someone know whether anything similar is available for the Zen DP100 minidome?

Thank you for information, Wolfgang

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TimG said:

This maybe, Wolfgang?

https://www.cinebagsunderwater.com/product-page/cb73-port-pouch-fish-

I've got the Grouper case and it’s excellent 

The Cinebag looks good. I will probably order one.

The dimensions of the Cinebag are 6*6*4 (inches), while the bag for the Nauticam 140 dome (linked above) is, according to my measurement, 7.5*7.5*5.5. I assume the 6*6*4 is the smallest possible to store the DP100, or is there anything smaller (but stille sturdy and well protecting the domeport during transport) available?

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

I don't know Wolfgang. I just had a quick look on the Cinebags website as I thought they had a suitable bag and I am very happy with mine: a quality product. (at a price!)

I often use a plastic food container for my dome ports. They are available in many sizes and provide more rigid protection than a padded bag. And are a lot cheaper. Just add some microfiber towels that you might use to dry your camera on the trip as padding.

Amazon.com: DecorRack Food Storage Container, 5 Quarts, Plastic, Food Grade Safe, Heavy Duty Dry Storage Containers, Round Large Food Container with Airtight Lid (1 Bowl): Home Improvement

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great advice here, the idea with the tupperware is very nice...

I also asked at Zen and Phil Burghard wrote me that the Cinebag CB73 fisheye  bag is just designes for the Zen DP100, so I will order one. I will write later how it compares to the Nauticam travel bag...

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

17 hours ago, davehicks said:

I often use a plastic food container for my dome ports. They are available in many sizes and provide more rigid protection than a padded bag. And are a lot cheaper. Just add some microfiber towels that you might use to dry your camera on the trip as padding.

Amazon.com: DecorRack Food Storage Container, 5 Quarts, Plastic, Food Grade Safe, Heavy Duty Dry Storage Containers, Round Large Food Container with Airtight Lid (1 Bowl): Home Improvement

Another option I’ve used is household paint containers. Empty of course!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements