Hello!  I was just wondering how you guys travel with your photography gear as well as your scuba gear?  Do you check in your scuba gear gear in one roller bag and then carry on all your photography gear and electronics in a backpack and an additional roller bag that is carry on regulation?  Thank you!

My carryon backpack is all the batteries, housing with camera, macro port, all the lenses, laptop, powerbank, and some power adapters. Tray, arms, clamps, dome and all the scuba gear (except dive computer(s)) go into the checked bag.

• Like 1

On this tread you have lots of info

• Like 1

That's what I'd like, but it doesn't fit.

I put all my dive gear into a checked bag.  I put the majority of my camera gear into a rolling carryon.  I put more camera gear into a largeish waist bag I use.  Then I still have to put a macro port and a 90mm extension port in the checked bag. 

A second checked bag holds a laptop and some clothes and stuff.

The bulk of my camera gear is a 230mm dome port, and a full-frame nauticam housing.  It is quite a logistical hassle, mostly because of the size of the dome port.  The roller bag weighs about 35 pounds, but if I could lug that much weight in a backpack could hold a lot more in the space where the wheels and handle go.  Could possibly fit the macro port and 90mm extension into the bag - but then it would weigh close to 40 pounds.  Note that I put the full frame camera inside the housing for travel. 

You can see the packing job it take here: https://www.cjcphoto.net/uwcamera/

With an SLR I used to have 1 carry on and 2 hold bags, with camera and lenses in the carry on and strobes and housing in one of the hold bags. Dive kit and clothes spread between the two hold bags.

Since moving to a M4/3 system, I only need 1 hold bag. Camera, housing and strobes all fit in the carry on. 

Sponsors

Advertisements