Sign in to follow this  
Voit Blue 50

The Blurring

Trying to figure out what is going wrong, I'am using a SeaLife 0.75x wide angle convertion lens with a DC1200 with two strobes. The problem, all of my pictures are turning out blurry, ill remove the lens and switch to another lens and everything is fine. So what i'am not sure about is if i need to be changing some of my settings when switching to the 0.75 lens or if this is something else. I'll attach some of the photos

Thanks      

PICT0011.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0092 (2).JPG

What settings are you using?  I note that the DC-1200 focus has a normal setting of 60cm to infinity and a macro setting for focusing closer,  from their website:

"MACRO – Pushing the focus button once will change the focus setting from Normal focus to Macro focus. A flower icon appears on the top left of the LCD display. Macro focus is used for taking close-up pictures at a shooting distance of 4″ (10cm) to 3ft (90cm). Important: When you increase the optical zoom to maximum, the minimum shooting distance increases to about 20” (50cm) to infinity. "

With the 0.75x lens which is effectively a small dome port the camera now has to focus on the virtual image which is located very close the dome.  So you will need to be in macro mode and also it won't reach focus at maximum zoom. 

Definitely looks a focus issue to me rather than a movement blur as there is no sideways movement in the shots, and on the first the texture of the crab is still visible even though its a long way off being sharp.

What Chris says makes sense, and I would suggest trying out those settings, and maybe more, in a filled bath with some form of static subject to shoot so you're in total control of any movement etc and make a note of which settings are giving sharp results at what distance 

Mike

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements