ido

Best dome for fisheye lens

Hi

At last I am going to buy my first underwater housing..

It is a setup for Nikon Z72 and Nikon 8-15 fisheye.

I am going to use Isotta housing and later I will add 2 Inon Z330 strobes.

Isotta recommend 2 domes for this set up: 4.5 inch and 6.5 inch (both glass)

I prefer the smallest dome (convenience) - The question is: Do I sacrifice sharpness when I am using the smallest dome ? Or when using fisheye (15 mm) It is negligible ..

What do you think ?

I think either dome will be good, the fisheye lenses don't have the same problem as rectilinear lenses and dome size is less of an issue.   Experience on this site indicates you can expect a small quality improvement with the larger dome, but many people are also happy with the results from smaller domes, so the improvement it would seem is minor.  Many people will use the smaller dome not for convenience so much as to allow them to get in closer for CFWA and wide angle macro shots.  THat small amount closer you can get makes a surprising difference in size of a small subject in the frame.

Whichever dome you buy confirm it has a removable hood so that you you can use the circular fisheye end of the zoom range.

What are you planning on shooting?

If its CFWA or animals in the blue then stick with smaller dome. If you need better corners for reefscapes and the like, then you might prefer a larger dome.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. 

Sponsors

Advertisements