Etc

COULD YOU HELP ME CHOOSE MY EXTERNAL MONITOR?

I swear I already did all the research I could. But I haven't been able to find a lot of feedback on the items I have my eyes on.
My eyes are struggling with age and I really need a bigger (and better orientated) screen for my GH5/s Rig. Don't need to record and don't need fancy functions. I priorice lightness (I loose a fews months of livetime every time I have to get on a plane with all my stuff).

Aquatica 5HD

Angler Fish

Hugyfot 

WeeFine WED-7 Pro

I would appreciate your opinions and would love to read some feedback of actual users.

Thanks!!! 

I can only speak for the Hugyfot that I use with my GH5. 
I am very pleased with it.
The link you posted has the wrong info. Go to the Hugy site.
It is a Feelword F5 monitor. You can find lots of reviews on this monitor and get an idea.
For the case it is very well made. It Takes advantage of the GH5's vacuum system. It has a battery Canon with a crazy duration of 8 hours.
Surely it is more bulky than other integrated monitors but has the advantage of being lighter in water: only 260 gr.

If you need. I could post a photo of my gh5 rig so you get an idea.

https://www.hugyfot.com/housings/vision-xs-monitor/vision-xs-monitor.html

1 hour ago, Davide DB said:

It has a battery Canon with a crazy duration of 8 hours.

wow! Which battery is that, Davide?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, benedika said:

wow! Which battery is that, Davide?

Well, 

I double checked the specs.
The site linked by @Etc states 8 hours but has several specs wrong, while the FeelWorld site and Hugy state 3 hours for photos and 2 hours for video.
The monitor accepts different types of batteries:
Sony F970, F960, F950, F930, F770, F750, F730, F570, F550, F530, QM91D, QM91, QM90D, QM90, QM71D, QM71, QM70D, QM70, QM51D, QM51, FM71, FM70. Canon LP-E6

Hugyfot delivered it to me with a Sony F550.

My experience is that at the end of a technical dive where I shoot for 1h and then in deco I review the clips without ever turning it off, I end up with 80% battery.
Last week after 2 dives for a total runtime of 6h, the 64GB card of the GH5 was full and the monitor was at 35%.

A praise to Hugyfot support through the Italian dealer Fotosub Shop: the monitor is guaranteed to 150 meters.
I had problems with the keys under 70 meters. I had the springs replaced and serviced for free well beyond the warranty period and now even at 100 meters it goes like a bomb.

• Like 1

Thanks Davide. I think I already saw a picture of your rig in some thead where you talked about the Hugyfot, but I'm no sure. So, if you don't mind...

Out of all my list Hugyfot is the one I would go for because of the reputation of the brand. But it is not the wider screen but is the bulkiest.

It is also a good advantage that I can use the monitor in land soohting. I wonder if I could use some of the others out of the water or I would have heating problems.

Actually the bulkiest of the three is Aquatica. It even floats.

As much as it is theoretically possible to disassemble the monitor, the operation is complicated. Something I would do just to fix it.

Good point that positive buoyancy... that is something  that concerns me too.

It is a nightmare to find the right trim for the gear.

So, No one have experience on any of the other monitors?

Sponsors

Advertisements