edgarhurtado

Underwater & outside of the water flashes: HOW TO?

Hello! I have an upcoming photoshoot session with artistic divers in a pool. I don't really know how to trigger my underwater strobe with flashes I'll be using outside of the water ( GODOX AD600BM).

My quesiton is: can the INON z330 serve me to trigger flashes outside of the water? The z330 will be connected to the camera via a 5 pin sync cable to Nikonos, but I also have strobes outside of the water ( regular studio flashes: GODOX ) and I don't know how to properly light both underwater and outside of the water regular flashes. Will TTL also work with my external flashes?

I hope I can get your help guys,

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, edgarhurtado said:

Hello! I have an upcoming photoshoot session with artistic divers in a pool. I don't really know how to trigger my underwater strobe with flashes I'll be using outside of the water ( GODOX AD600BM).

My quesiton is: can the INON z330 serve me to trigger flashes outside of the water?

YES

The z330 will be connected to the camera via a 5 pin sync cable to Nikonos, but I also have strobes outside of the water ( regular studio flashes: GODOX ) and I don't know how to properly light both underwater and outside of the water regular flashes. Will TTL also work with my external flashes?

NO

I hope I can get your help guys,

Thank you! 

See my yes and no replies above. One solution is to use an optical slave which is what I did here using the much older Inon Z220.

https://stephenfrink.blogspot.com/2008/11/solutions-tom-kline-on-photographing.html

The triggering strobe is the one pointing up. Your Godox may have a slave setting - check for this. One can buy slave sensors as well.

Another solution is to use a radio slave. One can house a Pocket Wizard: https://www.backscatter.com/Aquatica-Water-Wizard-Pocket-Wizard-Plus-III-Underwater-Housing

Be very careful when using topside strobes near water!!!!!! It is best if you an assistant attend them!

Good luck

Tom

Sponsors

Advertisements