Sign in to follow this  
LoriAnnKru

Nikon Z6ii - camera only “seeing” flash every other shot. And a monitor problem.

Hi, I’ve got the Nikon Z6ii in an Isotta housing with an optical flash trigger. My strobes are YS-D2Js which I use in the “green” position. I shoot using manual on the camera and manual on the strobes. (No TTL).

The camera flashes every single time I take a shot, but the camera only “sees” the flash on every other shot. Have any of you run across this problem?

Also, the live view on my monitor is always good (full color) when I descend, but after I take one picture, I’m seeing only silhouettes in the live view. Have any of you run across that before?

I just spent a week aboard a liveaboard fighting with these two problems. Luckily, I’m about to go out for a second week, so I have some time to research answers. I’d be grateful for any help! Thanks!

Hi, after reading your problem, I am improvising after having scanned your camera's manual, it is very similar to my Nikon cameras' manuals. 
My suggestion is to go to the Setup Menu and Reset User Settings. 
If that does not correct the situation, then  Reset all Settings.  
If that does not do it, then go through each item in the Photo Shooting Menu, and and reset it to default.  
Also check and if possible replace the battery and memory cards, far fetched, but just in case.

Good luck!

A few things it could be.  A few questions  - where are you on the power dial?  Do you have the problem if you only have a short time between shots or do you always have the problem even if it's 5 minutes between shots.  Is it both strobes?  Green is the no pre flash position right?

If you can answer all those questions, I can suggest some trouble shooting steps.

On the monitor Question, do you have the option d9 in menu Apply Settings to Live View set to "off"?  It says when it is set to off that

A {camera icon} icon appears in the shooting display.

This should be set to off because if you are using strobes the display might be completely black as there is not enough light for the ambient exposure and the camera doesn't know how much light the strobes will add in.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements