Architeuthis

Performance of WACP1 with different lenses/camera systems?

3 hours ago, waterpixel said:

Buy used! Someone is selling a 20mm extension on the forum I believe

Great idea, thanks! :)

Hey so I finally took the plunge and got myself the WACP-1. I haven't had chance to take it diving or underwater yet. However I just played around with the wacp on land to figure out the focusing on air and to my surprise it really focused well though it didn't produce a crisp image through out the frame but I personally feel this is pretty good for a lens that was said won't focus in air. Ive attached a couple of pictures just to show the result. Would these pictures qualify for a good focusing example for the wacp1 in air? Would love to hear others thoughts on this, could this be blind luck or if the lens can focus like this on land can't it be used for split photos too? 

Camera- Canon R5

Lens ef 28-70 3.5-4.5

FIN_3008.JPG

FIN_3035.JPG

FIN_3050.JPG

I'm sorry but the pictures Ive just uploaded has come out really bad when I uploaded. It seems to have lowered the resolution/ quality of the pictures. Any way I could upload full resolution files? 

Sure - just depends how big they are!

@vinmatt

All lenses will focus somewhere!

The issue with WACP1 in air is not really a focus one. The port corrects the corner distortion created by the virtual image in front of the curved port in water. In air there is no virtual image, but it will still try and correct the (non-virtual) image, resulting in nasty distortion.

Look forward to seeing your underwater pictures with it.

OH ok ok got it. So even though the size of the dome is pretty small, these should be fine for split photography right? 

No!

The port will attempt to correct the in air part of the split and it will look awful

Sponsors

Advertisements