DynamicDivers

How to insert from my website from URL link?

OK, I just tried to post images (hosted on my site) and it isn't working. I see instructions on how to do this from Flickr... but could someone please explain what code I need to use to display an image that is hosted on my site? (I tried using the flickr code, with the URL replaced with my own, and it did not work).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DynamicDivers

Just place your  image location inline:

LenaUnderWater_Arch-scaled.jpg

this is just the location string for the jpeg

On 9/24/2021 at 12:46 AM, ChrisRoss said:

Just place your  image location inline:

LenaUnderWater_Arch-scaled.jpg

this is just the location string for the jpeg

Chris, thanks for the reply... but there wasn't really anything to go on there... ?

Testing... 

http://dendigital.com/wp-content/gallery/Nature/Underwater/LenaUnderWater_Arch-scaled.jpg[/img]

Yeah, this just doesn't work. I've seen instructions in old posts for doing this... and the 'examples' don't work either. Can a moderator please provide instructions for displaying an image that isn't hosted at flickr, but is hosted on a site? This should be pretty straight forward, but I can't find code that works for this anywhere... Please advise. 

33 minutes ago, DynamicDivers said:

Testing... 

http://dendigital.com/wp-content/gallery/Nature/Underwater/LenaUnderWater_Arch-scaled.jpg[/img]

Yeah, this just doesn't work. I've seen instructions in old posts for doing this... and the 'examples' don't work either. Can a moderator please provide instructions for displaying an image that isn't hosted at flickr, but is hosted on a site? This should be pretty straight forward, but I can't find code that works for this anywhere... Please advise. 

All I did was copy your link out of your post and place it in line and it immediately placed the image inline - without any code.  For example here's one of my images:

Red_Indian_Fish_6.jpg

It's a bit hard to demonstrate as it just places the image inline as soon as you paste the URL for the jpg.  I used no BBCode tags of any sort.  Here is a screen shot - you'll see it says your link has been automatically embedded - this disappears once you start typing some more. 

Capture_WP.thumb.JPG.6e72933a9f25532d318a160ff5ac3f1d.JPG

If it still doesn't work might need to investigate further, having moderator privileges might possibly allow me to do it, but it seems unlikely.  I tried editing your tag out but it didn't work on your post above. Try just pasting the URL into the dialog box without any tags.

OK, something's up, because not only do I not see it in MY posts, but I don't see it in YOUR posts either... I don't see your fish, except for in your screenshot (wonder why they're different?)  I can take a screenshot and paste it because it's under 1 meg, so I can show you what your posts look like to me as well...

image.thumb.png.1c49eb700c0f443808cb59e22a9ada36.png

Bizarre... 

And your previous post:

image.png

OK, just had a look at this post in Edge, it is as you report - no image appears.  I'm using Firefox and the image shows up just fine.

Technically linking to the image directly is hotlinking and a lot of websites actually block this:

https://www.hostpapa.com.au/blog/security/how-you-can-prevent-hotlinking/

It is blocked by the website by not allowing other sites to load jpeg images and it will only serve the image if it is loaded with the webpage.

It could be Edge is not allowing it.  The alternative is to load the images onto the forum from your Computer or to load the files as a link to the page on the website.

Yes... I'm using chrome, and obviously didn't display with that either. Ok... Thanks.

Sponsors

Advertisements