Sign in to follow this  
AntF

Micro Four Thirds Advice

I've had both the 12-50 and 14-42 lenses and to be honest both are OK but neither is very special.  I got many decent macro shots with the 12-50, and both will take decent fish portraits. Wide angle with these lenses through a flat port doesn't work well at all. 

Since I heeded the advice of many to decide on wide vs macro and stick with it for the entire dive, it's been easier to find good targets and compositions as my mindset is in the right place.  The 60 macro lens is excellent and so is the 7-14 zoom in the right port.  Sure there will always be something that I can't shoot when i dive this way, but in the end, I've made much better images.

42 minutes ago, troporobo said:

Since I heeded the advice of many to decide on wide vs macro and stick with it for the entire dive, it's been easier to find good targets and compositions as my mindset is in the right place. 

YAY!!!! Spot on, Robert - it's the mind set that makes the big difference. :good:

Thanks to all of you who've added to this topic and my education. It's a complex world, with much choice. I'm slowly moving forward and will post when I finalize the rig and setup. 

@ChrisRoss  I am in contact with Brett and as you say, he is very approachable. He has also put me in in touch with two pro photographers using the same camera and who have also been very approachable and helpful. So there's more comfort that I can buy an initial setup and know it works (and that it's me that needs adjustment and not the setup :P).

@Dani_Spain no worries and that's what a forum like this is for. 

Cheers

Ant

56 minutes ago, AntF said:

Thanks to all of you who've added to this topic and my education. It's a complex world, with much choice. I'm slowly moving forward and will post when I finalize the rig and setup. 

@ChrisRoss  I am in contact with Brett and as you say, he is very approachable. He has also put me in in touch with two pro photographers using the same camera and who have also been very approachable and helpful. So there's more comfort that I can buy an initial setup and know it works (and that it's me that needs adjustment and not the setup :P).

@Dani_Spain no worries and that's what a forum like this is for. 

Cheers

Ant

No problem, please feel free to ask further questions here, it benefits anyone visiting the post looking for information on the topic.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements