Sign in to follow this  
pooley

Cancun

Hi, 

A last minute change holidays means I'm off to Cancun lateNovember / early  December. I've been  a  couple  of times  but always for 'occasions' like weddings so  never dived   seriously there, let alone taken my camera gear.

I believe the  area is heading towards bull shark  season but does  anyone else have any  suggestions on locations ( I  can get to Cozumel on day trips)  and more  importantly  photographer friendly diver  operators

Thanks in advance

Mike 

I am not into Bull Shark dives so I have never dived in Cancun.  I would definitely look at taking the ferry over to Cozumel, but also I seem to recall the diving was not too bad down in Puerto Aventuras, South of Cancun.  But that was a long time ago.

You could also look into doing some Cenote dives on the mainland if you like those or have not tried them.

I don't have any specifically photo-oriented dive ops to suggest but for Cozumel you would probably like Jeremy at Living Underwater or Tres Pelicanos.

Hope this helps

8 hours ago, Draq said:

I am not into Bull Shark dives so I have never dived in Cancun.  I would definitely look at taking the ferry over to Cozumel, but also I seem to recall the diving was not too bad down in Puerto Aventuras, South of Cancun.  But that was a long time ago.

You could also look into doing some Cenote dives on the mainland if you like those or have not tried them.

I don't have any specifically photo-oriented dive ops to suggest but for Cozumel you would probably like Jeremy at Living Underwater or Tres Pelicanos.

Hope this helps

Cheers Draq,

I'll  contact  the above people and see what they can offer. I'm planning on going over to Cozumel a couple of times so if there is someone happy to take a slow moving photographer then the will be a big bonus!

thanks again

Mike

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements