Kelpfish

Cold Water Gloves with longer and wide gauntlet

Hey everyone,

Heading to dive God's Pocket next spring and wanted to toss this question to those who might know. I have a DUI drysuit with zip seals.  My current gloves that I use in souther cal water just pull up and then bunch up at the wrist because they cannot fit over the diameter of the zip seal ring.  I have tried a lot of different gloves over the years and, recently, a few other types with zippers, but they still just do not have the diameter in the gauntlet to reasonably slide over and remain snug over the zip ring.  I bought a set of Bare 7mm long gauntlet gloves for really cold water but they are still a challenge to easily put on myself over the ring as their gauntlet diameter is just an inch or so too small.  They are also 3-finger. I am not sure how that will work when trying to operate my camera. 7mm alone is bulky and will make it more challenging to operate buttons, etc.  Was wondering if anyone had any ideas on gloves that can easily cover the zip ring. I do not want to get zip gloves, I'd rather stick with neoprene and not worry about puncturing the dry glove system.  I can live with a wider zipped or gauntlet or one that is just wide enough for me to easily slide it over the ring.  I know a looser gauntlet increases water flow, but I am okay with that.  Having the current glove short gauntlets just slip down to my wrist lets in more water.  

I have the G1's, Scuba Pro and Aqua Lung Thermocline, all of which just bunch up around wrist because they won't fit over the ring.  The gloves with a zipper won't generally zip over the zip seal ring.

Just trying to keep the nubs warmer.  Appreciate any ideas.

Joe 

Can you shove the zip ring up your forearm leaving just the wrist seal covering it? This would provide some space for more conventional gloves. I have mainly used dry suits with removable dry glove mounting rings so removed them for this situation.

1 minute ago, Tom_Kline said:

Can you shove the zip ring up your forearm leaving just the wrist seal covering it? This would provide some space for more conventional gloves. I have mainly used dry suits with removable dry glove mounting rings so removed them for this situation.

Actually, that might work with a much shorter gauntlet and have the ring slide back over the gauntlet itself.

Goint to pool test that. 

thank you.

Joe

• Like 1

You could also use standard dry gloves without the zip seal with a good set of liners.  You just use a straw or something under your seals that you could remove in the event you punctured a glove.

Sponsors

Advertisements