jmark18

Using Z6ii view finder and auto display

I am using a Z6ii in an Aquatica housing. I would like the option of using both the viewfinder and the back monitor but the camera dous not recognize it when I bring my eye up to the viewfinder. It works fine out of the housing. Has anyone found a way to enable the viewfinder to know when you bring your eye up and switch from the back screen to the viewfinder?

Does your housing connect with the button on the left side of the viewfinder housing?

Yes. I can change the settings just fine, but when I set it to auto eye detect it does not see my eye. I am OK with just using the monitor back but there are times that I would like to use the viewfinder without having to move the housing away from my face and change the settings.

You need to do the EVF - back screen switch manually. I found this to be the case in other situations as well such as in an airplane seat and shooting out the window. Oddly enough autoswitch worked fine a few days ago shooting the lunar eclipse.

Edited by Tom_Kline

Most housings include a note to the effect that the EVF auto system does not work when in the housing.  As far as the camera is concerned the housing and your eye are the same thing so if the auto mechanism is enabled it stays on with most cameras, so you need to switch between the two manually.   What I find works for me is to use the EVF almost exclusively for both review of images and taking shots.  The advantage of the EVF is that it is diopter corrected so I can readily see fine detail. 

Sponsors

Advertisements