yazid

Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter

Hello there

Hoping someone will share from their experience please
I am wondering if the Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter "newer version"  will be compatible to use on Nikon D-850 body with AF-S 60mm G ED, Sigma 15 mm EX DG, and Nikon AF-S 105mm G ED especially with AF, if not are there any alternatives for these setups.

1 hour ago, yazid said:

Hello there

Hoping someone will share from their experience please
I am wondering if the Kenko TELEPLUS HD PRO 1.4X DGX teleconverter "newer version"  will be compatible to use on Nikon D-850 body with AF-S 60mm G ED, Sigma 15 mm EX DG, and Nikon AF-S 105mm G ED especially with AF, if not are there any alternatives for these setups.

This thread has some information on the Kenko converters: 

Hi yazid

This might also be helpful although not specifically for the D850:

I found the Kenko models odd. As you wil see on this thread, some work on some camera with some lenses, others don't. 

Hi Yazid, 

I'm actually just packing my gear to go away on Friday so I tried my setup for you. I have a D500 so should get similar results to your D850. 

My 1.4x is the Kenko Teleplus HD 1.4 DGX. The box states its for Nikon AFS G and AFS E type lenses. 

I've never used it with a macro underwater but testing it on land it focussed excellent with the 105mm AF-S but it kept fluttering with my 60mm AF-S and struggled to lock on with this lens. I checked the lens bare and it worked fine. 

I don't have a Sigma for Nikon but with my 8-15mm it works great

Hope that helps a little - I was surprised with the 60mm result, but in reality I'd always use a bare 105mm over a 60mm with converter unless its a really specific shot that you needed that exact focal length for

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you Chris, Mike, and Tim for your feedback, it sounds like it is not so straight forward.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:31 AM, yazid said:

Thank you Chris, Mike, and Tim for your feedback, it sounds like it is not so straight forward.

What did you end up doing?

Sponsors

Advertisements