elmelodico

Sony 28-60mm with A7RIII no autofocus

Hello all,

Thanks to @Phil Rudin's, review I finally got myself a new WWL1-B and the Sony 28-60mm which I will put to good use next December. I assembled everything during the weekend and noticed I couldn't change the lens to autofocus using the A7RIII's menu or custom buttons. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it? I haven't used the housing for the last 18-19 months so I might be forgetting something. Maybe this lens just doesn't work with "older" models? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello all,
Thanks to [mention=2618]Phil Rudin[/mention]'s, review I finally got myself a new WWL1-B and the Sony 28-60mm which I will put to good use next December. I assembled everything during the weekend and noticed I couldn't change the lens to autofocus using the A7RIII's menu or custom buttons. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it? I haven't used the housing for the last 18-19 months so I might be forgetting something. Maybe this lens just doesn't work with "older" models? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

If I’m not mistaken this is the small Sony lens ?

Did you manually "expand" the lens before use ?

1 hour ago, elmelodico said:

Hello all,

Thanks to @Phil Rudin's, review I finally got myself a new WWL1-B and the Sony 28-60mm which I will put to good use next December. I assembled everything during the weekend and noticed I couldn't change the lens to autofocus using the A7RIII's menu or custom buttons. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it? I haven't used the housing for the last 18-19 months so I might be forgetting something. Maybe this lens just doesn't work with "older" models? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

When you say you can't change to AF - is there no option or is it greyed out?  The manual indicates it stays in Manual until you extend the lens and also notes the camera probably won't warn you of this. 

Very good points, thanks to both of you. I'm not entirely sure if I extended it, but will check again later, thanks again.

Sponsors

Advertisements