mandab

Seacam Seaflash 160D strobes

I won 2 no Seacam seaflash 160D strobes in a competition and even though they are considered to be the best strobes on the market they are not 100% compatible with my Sony system. I have tested with a turtle trigger and I can only use them in manual mode, hence I am not maximising their capability. 

They are 100% compatible with Canon and Nikon only. 

They are brand new, all in their original packaging.  I have just charged up one battery and tested one strobe with my existing set-up. They have not be used in the water. 

I am selling as a complete package including:

• 2 x Seaflash 160D strobes (including macro ring, batteries, European plug charger, and ball mount)
  • 2 x Diffuser 160D
  • 2 x Neoprene cover 160D
  • 2 x fibre optic cable, plus screw cap connector for a Nauticam housing

The total package retails at around US $4,800.  I am selling with an approx 10% discount, hence US $4,300.. 

Shipping would be on top and agreed depending on the requirements of the buyer.  They will be shipped from Perth, Australia. 

If interested please PM me. 

These usually come pre-programmed for either Canon or Nikon (not both). Which are yours preprogrammed for? 

Did it come with any sync cords besides fibre optics?

The 160D's firmware can be changed by the user for using with either Nikon on Canon. It used to be a return to base job, but can now be done by the user. 

@mandab There may be other reasons for the sale, but these are amazing wide angle strobes, for which TTL is not very useful :)

I have them and (a) love them and (b) never use them in TTL mode....

Adam

They are set for Nikon but can change. 

My other reason for sale is I do a lot of shore diving and they will add additional weight to a heavy rig, especially with the wide angle set up and the 240mm glass dome port. I wanted to be able to use the high speed sync function and that is not available to a Sony user. 

Sponsors

Advertisements