kraft2000

Wide angle lenses for GoPro

I've been looking for some time for a dome or a wet lens to put on a GoPro to increase the FOV, something like a WWL-C or WWL-1 for GoPro would be perfect.

I have tried a GoPro dome in the past but their main use case was to do split photos / videos (half in water / half out of water) it wasn't supposed to go deeper than 8 meters and the underwater image was horribly out of focus.

I recently saw a new product and was wondering if any of you have tried it and if the result was crisp :

• AOI UWL-03
  • Inon UCL-G165 SD and UFL-G140 SD

Open for any other recommendation. Thanks !

The problem with go-pros UW is you can't use a small dome with them due to the long min focus distance of the fixed lens, so you definitely need something like these lenses which are all specifically designed to work with go-pros.  You would likely need to look into support arrangements as all of these lenses are bigger than the go-pro itself. 

Backscatter have sample videos for both INON lenses on their webpage showing views with and without the the lens and if you open the video in you tube more links popped up to videos posted by INON.    https://www.backscatter.com/Inon-UFL-G140-SD-Underwater-Semi-Fisheye-Conversio

There's an Italian guy who has a bunch of video and test of different gopro models and Inon UFL-G140

It's everything in Italian language but images speak for themselves.

Here a playlist of video dedicated to this lens 

Sponsors

Advertisements