Andrey

How to place and fixate GoPro on the bottom of the river or lake?

Hello, need your advices on placing and fixating GoPro on the bottom of the river or lake from the shore. I thought about using 10 m fishing rod with a rope, fixing GoPro with waterproof light on the end of the rope. Also I want to attach feeder with fish food to this construction. But also I would like to add some heavy plate under this construction that will hold GoPro, light and feeder stable on the bottom of the river or lake. I thought about using 10 m fishing rod and centrepin reel to put this construction slowly on the bottom of the river or lake. What do you think about this idea and do you know what can be used as a heavy plate? Maybe there are some that are manufactured by some companies?

Edited by Andrey

"do you know what can be used as a heavy plate"

A diving weight perhaps? Or a standard gopro tray system, to which you fix a couple of diving weights with cable ties to make it sit tight on the bottom?

1610850667.jpg

DSC09752_r.jpg

Edited by bghazzal
  • Thanks 1

I have added a variety of items to the bottom of my housings to use with polecam setups. Most recently I have made a quadrapod using bolts as legs but I do not have pix of it only pix taken using it. Here are a couple from my files. I took this shot after carrying everything (in a couple of trips) down a hiking trail from a road and prior to doing any shooting. There are a bunch of ankle weights wrapped around the poles for ease of carrying this distance. Note that the "pods" are about 0.5 m long which is about as big as will fit in these backpacks.

_Z6X9449.jpg

_Z6X9714.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, bghazzal said:

"do you know what can be used as a heavy plate"

A diving weight perhaps? Or a standard gopro tray system, to which you fix a couple of diving weights with cable ties to make it sit tight on the bottom?

1610850667.jpg

DSC09752_r.jpg

Thank you very much! Will search for them

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 1:08 AM, Tom_Kline said:

I have added a variety of items to the bottom of my housings to use with polecam setups. Most recently I have made a quadrapod using bolts as legs but I do not have pix of it only pix taken using it. Here are a couple from my files. I took this shot after carrying everything (in a couple of trips) down a hiking trail from a road and prior to doing any shooting. There are a bunch of ankle weights wrapped around the poles for ease of carrying this distance. Note that the "pods" are about 0.5 m long which is about as big as will fit in these backpacks.

_Z6X9449.jpg

_Z6X9714.jpg

Thank you!

Sponsors

Advertisements