Sign in to follow this  
Darek Sepiolo

Canon 20D and 10-22mm in S&S DX30/60 housing. It works!

Just got it back fixed and working. All you need is to adjust the holder (to move the camera backwards and upwards). I always shoot with manual settings so all I need works perfectly. I signed in red the controls you have the access to.

Manual control works perfect but you can use the mode wheel so there�s no problem with switching to any other mode. All the other buttons are out of reach and need more work to be adjusted but anyway shooting almost 2 yrs with D60 I�ve never used them.

The 10-22mm lens needs 40mm extension ring and will need some time to make the zoom gear working. The zoom ring is a bit far form the knob on the housing but I got the idea how to solve it and will post my zoom gear soon I hope :)

c03.jpg

c01.jpg

c02.jpg

c04.jpg

Wow, this is an interesting development...

What exactly did you do to the base plate to move the camera up and back?

Good work. I'm looking forward to seeing some results too. Especially high ISO availble light shots. Alex

The key issue is to redesign the base plate. I replaced the whole central part with new steel one moving the thread (making new in the steel part) back c 6mm. Then you need to put c 1mm plate on top of the old one (with a hole for the screw) to move the camera up. Having done that you�ll get the access to all controls I noted in red above. I made a new front holder as well but you may skip it (the old one doesn�t fit with 20D so you have to remove it).

c05.jpg

I should have the zooming gear by the end of this week so I�ll post some pictures.

I�m leaving on Saturday to Sudan so there�ll be some samples with 20D and 10-22 form UW.

Here it goes the zoom gear. Seflmade so doesn't look great but works :) I took the oryginal S&S 17-40mm zoom gear and redesigned it to fit the 10-22mm lens.

c08.jpg

c07.jpg

I have just bought a new 20 D to replace my almost antique D60 and its Sea and Sea housing. This post has made my day and may have saved me some big bucks on a new :o 20D housing.

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I'm doing a similar adaptation of the DX30/60 to 20D, with the added fun of integrating Matthias Heinrichs ETTL adapter. Yes he's extended it to work with the 20D, which I've been waiting a while for B)

I'll let you know how it goes

Martyn

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements