Sign in to follow this  
DavidG

Nikon D70 or D100

Hi everyone !!!

I have a Nikon D100 and I would like to know if is woth it to get a housing for this camera or is better to get a D70 and buy a housing for this one. I heard really good coments about the D70 and the faster shutter speed, but I still not sure about what to do ???

Thanks for your help

David

David,

I would definietly house the D100, it takes some great pictures. I wouldn't be too concerned about the slower flash sync speed (I think that's what you meant), rarely would you feel that 1/250 isn't enough.

Better wait for next generation as the differences between D100 and D70 aren't big enough to warrant the expense (and in some regards the D100 is better).

I'd second that! The D70 has a couple of advantages for UW photography compared with the D100, the differences are no way near enough to consider buying a D70 if you already own a D100. IMO the D100's viewfinder is better than the D70 - which is significant when viewing through a facemask and housing.

Alex

by the way, there is a quiet good discount from Sealux on the D100 housing at the moment (with and without the GD viewfinder).

Julian

I also have a D100 housing setup for sale in the classifieds section. If I were starting from scratch, I'd get a D70, but if you already own a D100, I would buy one of the less expensive (read used) housings that are becoming available.

Cheers

James

That is a good point, James. You should be able to find a 2ndhand D100 housing these days - which would mean that a currently owned D100 and 2nd hand housing (which will probably not have done that many dives) will be much cheaper than a new D70 and new housing.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements